(images under a creative commons license; click on each image for corresponding credits)
PACT-2012 will take place at the Radisson Plaza Hotel, in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, MN, within walking distance to downtown attractions and restaurants.
Here are some photos of the event.
The program of the tutorials is available HERE.
Programming Models and Optimizations for GPUs and Multicores
J. (Ram) Ramanujam, Louisiana State Univ. and P. (Saday) Sadayappan, Ohio Univ.
Description: Programming models for GPUs, including discussion of performance tuning and polyhedral optimizations.
Parallelizing and Optimizing Programs for GPU Acceleration using CUDA
Martin Burtscher, Texas State University-San Marcos
Description: Key hardware features of GPUs and give an overview of the CUDA
The Pilot Library: A Friendly Face for MPI
Dr. Bill Gardner, School of Computer Science, University of Guelph, Canada
Description: Pilot is a new way to program high-performance clusters in C and Fortran based on a high-level model.
- Emerging Nonvolatile Memory Applications in Computer Architecture
Prof. Yiran Chen
GPGPU-Sim 3.x: An (Updated) Performance Simulator for Manycore Accelerator Research
Tor M. Aamodt, Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of British Columbia
Description: GPGPU-Sim is a detailed simulator that models a modern GPU running applications written in CUDA and OpenCL
MARSS: A Cycle-Accurate Full System Simulator for Multicore Architectures
Kanad Ghose et al., SUNY Binghamton, RAMBus, Intel
Description: MARSS extends the widely used QEMU framework – a full system emulator that supports multiple ISA, with cycle accurate simulation framework based on PTLsim.
GPU Computing Development with GPU Ocelot
Andrew Kerr et al., GTech
Description: GPU Ocelot is an open-source dynamic JIT compilation framework for GPU compute applications targeting a range of GPU and non-GPU execution targets.
Using OpenACC/HMPP directives to develop and tuned many-core programs
Description: Describing high-level pragma-based languages, including HMPP and OpenACC.
PACT 2012: Call for Workshop and Tutorial Proposals
21st International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques
Sept. 19-23, 2012, Minneapolis, MN
All proposals must provide the following information:
- Workshop or tutorial name along with a brief 150 to 200-word abstract describing the event suitable for the conference web site.
- If applicable, provide a description of past versions of the activity, including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, and information with which conference the workshop/tutorial was co-located.
- Brief rationale for the event and for co-locating with PACT.
- Names and affiliations of main organizers and, where relevant, tentative composition of the committees (as complete as possible).
- Event format, i.e., length of event (half-day or full-day), expected number of presented papers, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, number of days, etc.
- Expected number of submissions and participants.
- For workshops: a draft Call For Papers (CFP), as complete as possible.
- For workshops: submission/reviewing deadlines (internal and external).
Proposals due: April 9, 2012
Acceptance notification: April 23, 2012